Mississauga Student Law School Scholarship
Mississauga Criminal Lawyers believes in giving back to both the legal community and our larger community. Towards this mission is the Mississauga Student Law School Scholarship, our program to help inspire would be law students who are interested in social justice. Any prospective student is welcome to apply.
These $3000 (3X$1,000) scholarship is to defray law school expenses for a first year student who has been admitted into an accredited law school in the United States or Canada. We are focusing on first year students because this seems to be the time when students need financial (and other) help the most.
- First-year law student enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S and Canada. But the focus on the competition is who provides the most meaningful essay.
- A genuine love and interest in making our civil justice system as fair as possible
- Fill out a brief biographical information form
- Write an approximate 1,000 word essay focused on why you want to become an attorney and what type of contribution you hope to make to the community and the legal profession. The fact that you do not intend to use your legal career as a vehicle to save the world should not deter you from seeking this scholarship. There are sometimes scores of reasons why we chose the profession that we do. For many of us, earning a good living for ourselves and our families is one of those reasons. But even if earning a good living is one of your primary goals, you also hopefully want to use your profession to make your community and the world a better place. (If not, you really should find another profession.) This is what the essay should be about. How you believe some of us, or all of us, will benefit when you become an attorney.
Things to know
- You need to provide
- First and Last Name
- Current School
- Any Degrees You Have
- Current Field of Study
- Email and Home Address
- Phone Number
- Relevant Work Experience
- Scholastic Honors
- Your identity may be publicly disclosed as a recipient of the scholarship. You may be asked to write a short biography.
- Your essay for the scholarship must be received by July 15, 2017 to be considered.
- Email your submission to LawSchoolsScholarships@gmail.com.